Join TASC Today!
It’s time to renew your membership to the Transportation Association of South Carolina (TASC)…and, if you are not a member, now is the time to join! It is time for you to engage. Our agenda is packed! We need more involvement from staff at all levels of our member agencies.
As the voice for South Carolina’s public transportation providers, the biggest part of our agenda is to engage with our legislators to increase the visibility of transit. Ultimately, we want to increase transit options throughout the state focused on access to jobs, connections to healthcare, and enhancing tourist transportation. Over the past year, our board has worked hard to set the groundwork for this vision, highlights include:
- Initiated a statewide compensation study with SCDOT. Final report and data coming soon.
- Established legislative agenda targeting operator assault penalties, funding options, and concerns about the Medicaid brokerage system.
- Completed three webinar training sessions and are poised for more in FY2023. See the calendar of events on transitsc.org or on social media for more training opportunities.
- Held the Annual Conference in-person for over 200 attendees with rave reviews.
- Launched the statewide transportation financial analysis in conjunction with SCDOT.
The TASC Board has just completed our year end retreat. We have committed ourselves to increasing the visibility of transit in South Carolina and are working toward increased funding. We set four priorities for the upcoming year:
- Execute the plan for engagement with the State Legislature.
- Develop a five-year financial plan for the Association that provides the resources necessary to accomplish our objectives.
- Increase membership involvement and opportunities to work and learn together.
- Host the premier training conference that will include direct interaction with the State Legislature.
You will notice that dues are higher this year. That is because we are planning additional engagements in FY 2023 to continue the development of the legislative agenda in support of our vision. Events include:
- September 20-21, 2022 (Columbia/Hilton): Defining Your Needs & How WE Make Them a Reality
- January 12-13, 2023 (Columbia/Hilton): From Whining to Winning: Creative an Effective Message for Elected Officials
- March 1-5, 2023 (Columbia/Metropolitan Convention Center): Annual Conference, Expo, and Legislative Reception
Each event builds upon the last to craft our collective message to have one strong, unified voice with the State Legislature. We need all our members engaged, new and returning, to move the needle for transit in SC.
And don’t forget, TASC is only as strong as those that support it, and we need your participation to be successful. If you are interested in being a member of a committee, visit www.transitsc.org/committees to view committee objectives, members, and current openings.
On behalf of the FY2023 Board of Directors, we cannot wait to work with you.
|Transit System Member||Person, firm, or corporations, trustees, or receivers, municipal or other governmental agencies,|
operating any form of organized public transit system within the boundaries of SC with an
annual operations & maintenance budget less than $500,000.
For every additional $1M, or portion there of, in budget exceeding $499,999, dues increase by $200 (Not to exceed dues of $2000).
Example: $5,000,000 budget = $1500 dues
|Business Member||Organizations engaged in supplying goods and services, professional consultation services,|
publishing periodicals, and organizations engaged in providing transportation services for profit.
DBE organizations will receive a $200 discount for a business member. DBE organizations must be approved by SCDOT DBE Certification program and provide certificate of proof. Please email us for more information and your discount code.
|Non-Public Specialized||Any public or private entity that performs human service transportation but does not provide any public transportation.||$400|
|Affiliate/Government Member||Associated railroads, public interest groups, legislative representatives, publishers, and|
educational institutions. Government agencies (local & regional) that have the responsibility for
the planning and/or development of agencies, which are primarily responsible for operating
|Associate Member||Students, retirees and individuals not representing any specific agency or advocacy group.||$100|
Membership Year FY23 (July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023)
If you have any questions regarding registration or to submit your DBE certification please email customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Statement Regarding Tax Exempt Status and Deductibility of Dues/Contributions
The Transportation Association of South Carolina (TASC) is a non-profit organization that promotes public transportation in South Carolina. TASC fosters common policies, requirements and educational efforts regarding public transportation. TASC offers technical support and training to its members by hosting seminars and an annual conference and trade show. The organization is committed to expanding and enhancing public transportation services throughout the state and advocates for transit-friendly legislation.
TASC is classified by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(6) organization. The Internal Revenue Service has notified TASC that contributions to TASC are not deductible as charitable contributions under Section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code. In addition, TASC has been advised that, notwithstanding that other amounts (rather than membership dues) are used to pay lobbying expenses, Section 6033(e) of the Internal Revenue Code requires lobbying expenses to be allocated first to dues and that the dues paid to TASC are not deductible as business expenses under Section 162 of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributors should be advised that their contributions and/or dues to TASC are NOT deductible.